The Rolls-Royce Phantom III was the final large pre-war Rolls-Royce. Introduced in 1936, it replaced the Phantom II and it was the only V12 Rolls-Royce until the 1998 introduction of the Silver Seraph. 727 V12 Phantom III chassis were constructed from 1936 to 1939, and many have survived.
The III is powered by an aluminium-alloy V12 engine of 447in³ (7.32L), having a bore of 3.25 inches (82.5 mm) and a stroke of 4.5 inches (114.3 mm). It is a pushrod engine with overhead valves operated by a single camshaft in the valley between the cylinder banks. The transmission is 4 speed manual with synchromesh on 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears.
Rolls Royce Phantom III 3AZ by Mulliner
Rolls Royce Phantom III 3DL126 by Mulliner
Rolls Royce Phantom III 3DL134 by Hooper
Rolls Royce Phantom III 3DL150 by Hooper